Sunday, May 20, 2007

XI Krakowska Konferencja Metodologiczna

I have just returned from a week in Krakow, where I delivered a paper at Prawa Przyrody, the XI Krakowska Konferencja Metodologiczna. I shall write more about this in the days to come. For the moment, however, I'd merely like to relate an event which occurred on the BA flight from Gatwick to Krakow: I developed a headache that morning, and duly asked the stewardess for a paracetamol. To my astonishment, I found that I then had to fill in an 'Incident Report' form, listing my name and address, and the medical 'event', before I could have the paracetamol! I was also asked a series of questions such as 'Are you allergic to paracetamol?'. Unbelievable!

4 comments:

Neil Forsyth said...

Have you sorted out the problems you were having, Gordon? You were keeping a very low profile. The thought did cross my mind that you had thrown in the towel. Anyway, welcome back.
After all that paperwork, I'd want more than a paracetemol.

Gordon McCabe said...

Things have been very busy for the past 3 or 4 weeks, Neil. Not really problems, just lots to do, and no internet access during the week. I'm impressed, however, that people have still been checking the blog.

Anonymous said...

you'll thank them for their diligence when your neighbourhood is over-run by paracetamol addicts looking for drug money.

Gordon McCabe said...

It's the Neurofen-heads we need to guard against.