Saturday, July 19, 2008

Music festivals

Holy crap.

It's the Glade Electronic Dance Music Festival this weekend. Sadly, the weather has cleared up, and all I can hear, and feel, is:

thump, thump, thump, thump, thump, thump, thump, thump, thump, thump, thump, thump, thump, thump, thump

Most of the people at music festivals these days seem to be twenty-somethings and thirty-somethings, trying to pretend they're still students. Listen, you're not a student anymore, you've got a boring job, a car, a mortgage, and a pension; spending two days in a tent listening to shit music doesn't change any of the material facts about your life: you're not cool, you're part of the capitalist system, you're middle-class, you're not subverting anything, and you're not really 'roughing it'.

If I had my way, heat rays would piss the decks, and hundreds of tone-deaf imbeciles would flee in terror before my engines of destruction.

2 comments:

Clare Dudman said...

Hope they shut up soon. That sounds dire.


Glad to be back here -looking through your postsI realise how much I've missed it.

Bob said...

LOL!
My feelings exactly. I feel for you.